Monday, December 7, 2009

Narbik's Bootcamp

I am really disappointed with Narbik. Not as a tutor but in replying emails. I am close to my lab and wanted to attend (This is retake not a new) his bootcamp in Sydney. First the bootcamp was on but Narbik wanted me to wait and then again it was confirmed that it is on. I was about to pay for my tickets but just thought i will check with him that whether it is on or not. He said he is not sure as few students are from the same company and they have a project on so they will confirm with him. So i asked him to please confirm it in next day or so (Mind you i asked him to confirm it on Dec 1 for which he said he will confirm it in a day or two. Today its 8th December, 8.00 AM (NZ time) and still havent received any confirmations. So all in all i have decided i wont go as to get tickets at the last minute for the 13 th Dec Bootcamp will be very expensive. I dont want to send him another email as i feel bad because i have been sending him quite a lot emails (all of them were about bootcamps anyway) and i also feel bad because i am taking a retake and not paying for the bootcamp again. I am sure a lot of you have been to Narbik's bootcamps and have done retakes and all of you have had great experience, but i think i am not happy the way the whole thing has been dealt with. I have no doubts about Narbik's teaching capabilities and his style of teaching, i just loved it and i got to learn a lot of new things.

I am sure a lot of you will disagree with me as my case might be one off but if you had any experience like that then feel free to contact me and we will talk to Narbik. I am sure he will love all the feedback.

5 comments:

Ric said...

Ok, that's not good news, since I was considering to go for the Narbik boot camp, and one of its strongs points is the retake possibility. I even remember an email in the groupstudy mailing list from Narbik, advising us to take advantage of that possiblity right before the lab as a refreshment... Please keep us fully updated, since I will take it in consideration in my decision.

CCIE Apprentice said...

Hi Ric,

Thanks for the comments.The option for retaking the bootcamp is still there. I am not sure what location you are in as students in US might not face the same problem as us in Australia or New zealand, but again i still believe that one should atleast keep updating its customers of any possible changes.

CCIE Apprentice said...

Guys !!! I am getting a lot of emails where it has been suggested that i should ask for REFUND from Narbik.

I want to say that i am not looking for refund as i attended his bootcamp in US and was really helpful and was the best i could get. So again thanks for the suggestions for refund but i dont need refund. Narbik had offered me to attend the bootcamp in Malaysia so i am not saying that he doesnt give you the option. All i am trying to say here is that i wanted to attend the bootcamp in Sydney because of travel, work and cost factors and its wasnt dealt in a professional manner. Its 9th December at 1.32 PM (NZ) and still havent heard from Narbik and i have made it clear to myself that i am not going to email him anymore.

pat said...

Vivek,

I am sorry that you are disappointed, but please understand the following:

The class that you are mentioning had 6 people from the same firm, last minute they called and they wanted to reschedule the class because of an urgent project, we waited and waited to see what they wanted to do, since they were the ONLY paying students, i had no choice but to cancel the class.
We have hundreds of people attending our boot camp each year, roughly around 35 percent of our students retake the class 3 or more times, and around 55 percent retake the class once, and we have NO problems whatsoever with retakes, AS A MATTER OF FACT I RECOMMEND IT.
But if the class is cancelled, i can not do much about that.

Many vendors charge for retakes, WE DON'T. Even though you attended V3 and wanted to retake V4, we still don’t have a problem with that, but understand that from time to time these things do happen and we have NO control at all.
But we are going to have a class in Sydney that will run for sure, if you like to retake, please contact Janet@MicronicsTraining.com and she will reserve a seat for you.

Once again thanks and i am sorry about your experience.

CCIE Apprentice said...

Got a reply from someone called PAT. Cant find the identity who it is but i would like to say one thing.

I have nothing against the quality of the bootcamp. The bootcamp as i said was the best i could get. I am sure nobody can match it. I am also not concerned with the bootcamp being cancelled the only thing i am disappointed with is the lack of communication. I was told that Narbik will come back to me whether that course will run or not but that communication never happened. Anyways that is a closed chapter for me now.

I am looking forward to attend the bootcamp in London. I am going to email Janet and hopefully the class in London will go ahead.