Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CCIE Command Memorizer.

First look at CCIE Command Memorizer.

Bought CCIE Command Memorizer today. My first impression of the product is very good. I already have IPEXPERT BLS as i mentioned in my previous post but this tool gives me different perspective that way i can learn. Even though i have to type the commands in full but i dont mind doing that. The whole thing is divided in parts. They cover most of the topics mentioned in the CCIE (R & S) blueprint. You cant type " ? " for help, which means that you need to know the command before you type it. I think this is a good feature but everyone has a different view on things. The reason why i think it is great is that instead of typing ? all the times and drill down until i find the right command with COMMAND MEMORIZER i need to actually know what i am typing which means i can save a lot of time during my lab exam as i know the commands by heart. Another benefit of not having help when attempting any scenario is that it will change my habit of typing ? everytime and instead go to the CISCO DOC CD to find the answer which means i am improving my navigation skills for the CISCO DOC which can be very handy when i am doing my lab. But again everyone has a different view.

You can do the scenarios as many times you want. Once you are finished you can reset the whole page and do all over again. You dont even need internet connection, once you have activated the product you are good to go and you can use the product anywhere you want.

I tried the switching section and they have really good scenarios to work on. They start from basic and then complex scenarios.

Will update more once i have tried it a bit more.

1 comment:

Eric Estes said...

Let me know how you like it after a few days - I didn't really find myself looking for commands on the Cisco CD - more details on the solutions. This sounds interesting though.